Effective in April 2013 NYC initiated the expansion of the recycling program to include for the first time the recycling of all rigid plastics, including toys, hangers, shampoo bottles, coffee cups and food containers. That means all rigid plastics from now on are to be rinsed and recycled and this recycling expansion will result in more than 50,000 additional tons of waste a year no longer ending up in landfills.
Originally published in the June 2013 Juniper Berry Magazine
Juniper Berry staff
June 2013 Table of Contents
- Water Rate Increases and the Systematic Failure of Government
- Business Spotlight: Queens Optometric Eyecare
- New Business Spotlight: Walter's Delicatessen • Maspeth
- Juniper's Jewel: The Pullis Landmark
- Interview: BRIAN VICTOR
- Looking back to JPCA's roots
- Fr. Bob
- BERRY BOOK REVIEWS: African Wars ‒ A defense Intelligence Perspective AND An Age of Miracles
- Killy's Korner June 2013
- A look back at the Community Singers of Queens
- RED-TAILED HAWKS of Juniper Valley Park
- Neighborhood History: Hockey on Caldwell Ave.
- AMAZING STORIES: Killed 25,000 Horses
- Tony Avella: The People's Choice for Borough President
- Summer Allergy
- AMAZING STORIES: Mrs. Singer, of Newtown, Says She Slept Through a Murder
- Andrew LaSala Joins Crifasi
- Teacher Evaluations: The Scam of the Decade
- AMAZING STORIES: A Lady Instantly Killed Ushered into Eternity in Four Minutes by a Railroad Locomotive
- Crowley's Broken promises motivate Juniper Juniors in Clean Up
- AMAZING STORIES: Think Street Names a Joke
- Mr. NOISEE!
- Summer 2013 Juniper Valley Park Concert Series
- Residents Speak Out!
- For Sale: Flushing Meadows Parkland in Queens
- AMAZING STORIES: The Maspeth Murder
- JPCA's Holden to be Honored at Slocum Remembrance
- Recycling Expands
- 104th Pct: Crime Scene • Do Not Cross
- New O'Neill's Restaurant Opening Flag Day June 14th
- Welcome to the New Met Food Supermarket on Eliot Avenue
- Praying like it's 1962
- AMAZING STORIES: THREE MORE DEAD INFANTS
- AMAZING STORIES: A Mysterious Patient
- non-citizen voting
- The "Queen" of the Chain
- OP-ED: Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- The New York Connecting Railroad (NYCR): The Construction Phase
- AMAZING STORIES: Danger of Being Lynched
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.