Atlas Park conveniently has parking located both indoors and outdoors. However this driver felt it was perfectly acceptable to block the only lane of traffic that leads out to Cooper Avenue instead of utilizing one of the previously mentioned options. This selfishness endangers pedestrians and other drivers.
Originally published in the September 2016 Juniper Berry Magazine
THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Atlas Park patron parks stupidly
September 2016 Table of Contents
- Yesterday & Today:60th Ave at 84th Street looking east
- The Florists of Mount Olivet Crescent
- Pokemon GO: It's all about how you play the game
- Glendale at the dawn of filmmaking
- History of the Christ the King High School site
- Queens Archeology
- Join us at the German-American Steuben Parade!
- Killy's Corner
- Meet the Challengers
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Atlas Park patron parks stupidly
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: PEP patrolling in pairs
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Truck way off course
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Sold sign must go
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Trees and tree pits are not free ad space
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Tree guards become eyesores
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Crowley strums while Maspeth burns
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Dirty dog area
- How people traveled before the turnpike
- Glacial erratics: Pre-history in the modern world
- Getting the most out of your fruits and vegetables
- Community Eyesores
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Mystery barrel remains
- 104 Pct Report
- OP-ED: America has changed
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Batting cage looking worse for wear
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Selfish sidewalk parking
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: It's a crosswalk, not a crosspark!
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Tall fences make for bad neighbors
- Letters to the Editor
- Did you know?
- A Maspeth United Will Never Be Defeated
- Presidential politics in 1816
- Amazing Stories
- Marge Markey's meltdown
- BERRY BITS: "No trucks" sign placed along Grand Ave
- BERRY BITS: Car ads being cleaned up
- BERRY BITS: Silver now Village Barn
- BERRY BITS: Plateau arches finally restored!
- BERRY BITS: Keep private trash out of public bins
- BERRY BITS: Never beginning bridge project delayed yet again
- BERRY BITS: Cyclist badly injured on Lutheran Avenue
- BERRY BITS: Pullis Farm Cemetery rejected by LPC for official landmark status
- Farms and Residences of Old Middle Village
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.