City Council Member Robert Holden has allocated $145,000 in funding this year toward keeping our commercial areas clean. Wildcat Service Corporation has been tapped to perform the work, and they started in mid-August. The areas they are focusing on:
• Grand Avenue between 61st and 74th streets in Maspeth;
• Flushing Avenue between Grand and Metropolitan avenues in Maspeth;
• Metropolitan Avenue between 69th and 80th streets in Middle Village;
• Fresh Pond Road between 60th and Myrtle avenues on the Ridgewood-Glendale border;
• Myrtle Avenue from Fresh Pond Road to Woodhaven Boulevard in Glendale; and
• 69th Street between Queens Boulevard and Calamus Avenue in Maspeth.