This Thanksgiving, area residents were thankful that the work on the bridge over the LIRR tracks on Fresh Pond Road and Metropolitan Avenue was finally finished in mid-November! Getting the bridge repaired was a long slog over the years, and construction stopped for a time when the original contractor bailed. But once work restarted, it was smooth sailing. Great job by Beaver Construction Company on getting the streets re-opened before the holidays.
Originally published in the December 2018 Juniper Berry Magazine
BERRY BITS: Metro-Fresh Pond Bridge Work Completed!
December 2018 Table of Contents
- Yesterday & Today: Metropolitan Avenue at Christ the King, looking east
- BERRY BITS: Rogue Towing Company Given the Boot
- BERRY BITS: Metro-Fresh Pond Bridge Work Completed!
- BERRY BITS: JPCA Holiday Party & Raffle December 13th
- BERRY BITS: DSNY Is Now Recycling Electronics
- BERRY BITS: Principe Park Renovations May Be Delayed
- BERRY BITS: Glendale Shelter Site Eyed For School
- BERRY BITS: O'Neill's Rezoning Passed By City Council
- BERRY BITS: School Incorporated Into 69th Street/Queens Blvd Project
- BERRY BITS: More Efficient Way To File Air Noise Complaints
- BERRY BITS: Check Christmas Trees For Unwanted Hitchhikers
- BERRY BITS: Farewell To The Shalimar Diner
- BERRY BITS: New JVP Shower In The Works
- BERRY BITS: Penelope Avenue Sewer Project Starts Up Again
- BERRY BITS: High Lead Levels Found In Local Drinking Water
- BERRY BITS: News From OLH School – Scholarship
- BERRY BITS: News From OLH School – Teamwork
- Firefighter Chris Gaulrapp Recognized At JPCA Meeting
- A Message from the President, December 2018
- Letters to the Editor, December 2018
- Short Story: A Maspeth Snow Day
- Before Juniper Valley Park and the Juniper Park Civic
- BERRY BITS: Get Your JPCA 80th Anniversary Glasses
- Farewell To An Old Friend
- Wildcat Cleaning Up Our Neighborhoods
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: The Mayor's Irresponsible Neighborhood Jail Plan
- There's a "Buzz" at the 104th Precinct
- Killy's Korner December 2018
- Neighborhood Hall of Shame December 2018
- 200 years of Silent Night, 1818-2018
- Amazing Stories: Children Find Santa Claus is Real
- Cord Meyer, Jr.'s place in local history
- The Story of the Steinway Tunnels, Part 1
- Exploring the History of Woodside
- 104th Pct Report: Get to Know Your Neighborhood Coordination Officers
- A Look At Two Traditional Christmas Favorites (and where to find them)
- The amazing survival story of "The First Oval Office"
- Another homeless shelter proposed for Maspeth?
- A Visit to PS9 "The School with Heart" in Maspeth
- How to Make Classic Latkes
- Dominick "Randy" Safuto 1944-2018
- The True Meaning of Holiday Greenery
- Moore, Harper, Nast and Santa Claus
- Know your risk level before investing
- Birding at Mount Olivet
- History, Exercise and a Cycling Adventure along the Vanderbilt Motor Parkway
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.