In case you weren't aware, there are now speed cameras along Woodhaven Blvd as part of Mayor DeBlasio's Vision Zero program. There was one at Furmanville Ave and one at 62nd Rd, but the locations may change. And starting this December, the entire stretch of Metropolitan Avenue in Queens will have its speed limit lowered to 25 mph, which will require new signage and increased enforcement by the NYPD. The moral of this story is: Drive safely and you won't be unpleasantly surprised by a ticket in the mail!
Originally published in the September 2014 Juniper Berry Magazine
SMILE! YOU'RE ON A SPEED CAMERA!
by Christina Wilkinson
Speed cameras along with bus lanes are being installed on Woodhaven Blvd
September 2014 Table of Contents
- Tony Vaccaro
- Still in good hands
- The Battle of Brooklyn
- REMINDER: ALL FLYERS ARE ILLEGAL
- Why Homele$$ne$$ is Big Business
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- A Wheel(chair) Runaround
- SMILE! YOU'RE ON A SPEED CAMERA!
- Parking on Sidewalks & Walkways: Dumb & Dumber
- FOR COLIN FLOOD
- THEY KEEP ON TRUCKIN' ON GRAND AVE
- Annoying Verizon illegally sets up shop in residential zone
- SPEED BUMPS AT LONG LAST
- BIKE RACKS COMING TO LOCAL PO's
- Yes we have no papers, only trash
- ABBRACCIAMENTO'S TO BE DEMOLISHED THIS FALL
- OUT OF LUCK AFTER DARK
- ILLEGAL COLLECTION BINS
- A Fence Too High
- Add Sold, Ad for Realtor, Add Hefty $ Violation
- DOE FUND COMES BACK TO GRAND AVENUE
- CRACKDOWN ON SERVICE ROAD TRUCK PARKING
- SCOOP THAT POOP!
- RATS WON'T LEAVE
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.