The DOT reconfigured the intersection at Caldwell Avenue and 82nd Street in an attempt to make it safer. They have placed collapsible plastic bollards around a section of the street. However, selfish motorists are taking advantage of this and parking in the prohibited area. If this is to be a permanent change, there should be a permanent structure there to prevent this behavior, such as a Greenstreet similar to the one at Furmanville Ave and 80th Street.
Originally published in the June 2017 Juniper Berry Magazine
THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Drivers think road is reserved just for them
June 2017 Table of Contents
- BERRY BITS: St. Saviour's in the news again
- BERRY BITS: Glendale Hero To Be Honored at Next Juniper Civic Town Meeting
- Rest in peace, William Tolley
- BERRY BITS: A quieter LIE coming soon?
- BERRY BITS: A big win for people & parks!
- BERRY BITS: Civic & MOFTB Working Together To Minimize Film Shoot Problems
- BERRY BITS: Package thieves are in the area
- BERRY BITS: Goodfellas Day
- BERRY BITS: Merchant severs ties with Maspeth High School
- BERRY BITS: Party celebrates Maspeth's 375th
- Maspeth-Middle Village Task Force's coalition strategy pays off
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Beware of the open car door thief
- A Tribute to Ms. Michele Krebs
- Killy's Corner
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial design unveiled
- Yesterday & Today: Maspeth Ave west of 61st Street
- BERRY BITS: THERESA RILEY & DETECTIVE BELL HONORED AT SLOCUM REMEMBRANCE
- The Calvary Line: Trolley to the Cemeteries
- BERRY BITS: Roofing scammers are back
- Polish music, culture and history celebrated at fantastic festival
- BERRY BITS: JPCA marches in Maspeth Memorial Day Parade
- Letters to the Editor
- The short sordid history of the Maspeth High School
- Hike on Over to Forest Park
- Robert J. Marks Post, G.A.R.
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: You can't get there from here
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Cross Harbor – $70M more down the drain
- BERRY BITS: Joe's Cleaning Up This Town
- BERRY BITS: Hometown Hero John Russo honored
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Tree pruners cause havoc
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Parking hogs at Juniper
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: DeBlasio proves to be an extremely poor liar
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Crowley supports closing Riker's and opening local jails
- When Middle Village Was Home to GI Housing
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Bioswale headscratcher
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Puerto Rican Day Parade honors terrorist
- Did you know?
- Writing About Maspeth
- The legacy of Herman Ringe
- 104th Pct Report
- Q&A with Robert Holden, Candidate for City Council
- NYC Parks committed to preserving Ridgewood Reservoir as natural open space
- Fitness trackers as workout partners
- Short Story: I am not a sycamore!
- Community Eyesores
- From Malta to Maspeth: Joseph Caruana's First 100 Years
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Dumb Donors
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Drivers think road is reserved just for them
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Stealing from the City as a Business
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.