James Maurice and John Van Cott donated land, and hired Richard Upjohn, our country’s finest 19th century architect, to design a wooden church building and parsonage. Upjohn used this design as a prototype for other churches, and in 1852 published sketches that very closely resemble that of the St. Saviour’s complex in a book he wrote.

Please see Forgotten-NY for the rest of this article.