DOT's Bureau of Highways has selected a number of roads in our area to be repaved this calendar year. It is estimated that the projects will begin in September and will be done during daytime hours. Locations to be repaved are as follows:
• 54th Avenue between 69th and 71st streets;
• 56th Street between Andrews and Metropolitan avenues;
• 69th Place between 54th and Grand avenues;
• 69th Lane between 54th and Grand avenues;
• Clinton Avenue between 68th and 69th streets;
• Maspeth Avenue between 61st Street and Maurice Avenue.
• 61st Road between 69th Street and 69th Place;
• 65th Street between Metropolitan and Admiral avenues;
• 75th Place between Penelope Avenue and Juniper Valley Road;
• Admiral Avenue between Metropolitan Avenue and the dead end east of 65th Lane.
Notices of resurfacing work and parking restrictions will be posted along these roadways prior to the beginning of milling or paving activities. Any vehicle found parked along these streets during scheduled work periods can and will be towed away.
Additionally, only sections of these roads will be closed to vehicular during resurfacing activities; all other portions will remain open.
For additional information on street resurfacing in the Board 5 area, call the advisory body's Glendale office at 1-718-366-1834 during normal business hours.
Adapted from the Times Newsweekly article entitled: “AREA AVES. READY FOR ROAD WORK” by Rob Pozarycki published August 7, 2008.