I am sure everyone is looking forward to spring just around the corner.
Our job as police officers is to keep you safe and I assure you the men and women of the 104th Precinct are proud to do that every day. With that being said, I wanted to share with you some safety tips in order to protect yourself and your family from become victims of a crime. Taking a few simple actions to protect yourself can help deter a crime of opportunity.
• Lock your vehicle doors at all times, even when parked in your drive way.
• Do not leave key fobs and other belongings in your vehicle.
• Be mindful of your belongings in public places.
Do not leave bags or other belongings unattended.
• Lock your windows when not in your home.
• If you receive a phone call appearing to be from the Social Security Administration or a law enforcement agency asking for money or personal information, be it from a person or a robocall, it’s very likely that this is a scam.
• Lastly, as always if you see something, say something.
These tips can prevent the loss and inconvenience of property being stolen as well as keep you and your family safe.
I wish you all a happy and healthy spring!