The small commercial strip adjacent to Forest Park along Woodhaven Blvd at Myrtle Ave was even smaller in 1952 than it is now. Back then, it consisted of only the Park Terrace Restaurant, a luncheonette, and a Texaco service station. The frame houses along 89th Street atop the hill could easily be seen from Woodhaven Blvd. Today, every one of those houses remains. Park Terrace is now Don Tequila Cantina, with the Victory Deli replacing the luncheonette and a Capital One Bank standing where the service station once was. But the strip expanded with the addition of Emu Health (previously the Queens Surgi-center), with its extensive wraparound structure and parking lot. There were fewer cars and no rusty-colored bus lanes along the boulevard in 1952.
© 2020 The Juniper Park Civic Association Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SERVING MIDDLE VILLAGE AND MASPETH SINCE 1938.