Inspired by the successful efforts of Capt. Mark Wachter and the 104th Pct, Assembly Member Mike Miller and Sen. Joe Addabbo have introduced a package of bills that will help close down and prevent additional illegal massage parlors. The bills would:
• narrow the definition of ‘massage therapist’ and require license holders to be on site at all times
• require that landlords verify the licensure of a massage therapist tenant prior to entering into a lease agreement
• prevent massage parlors from obstructing the view of their lobby areas (by blacking out windows, etc.)
• impose a duty on the landlords to terminate a tenancy of a massage therapist location found guilty of promoting prostitution within 60 days of official notification by the city or state
• grant the city Department of Consumer Affairs the authority to enforce the imposition of fines relating to the practice of massage therapy
© 2020 The Juniper Park Civic Association Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SERVING MIDDLE VILLAGE AND MASPETH SINCE 1938.