3 Slain, 3 Shot In Crime Wave Over Weekend
Fatalities Take Place as Gunmen Invade Drinking Establishments

Frank Grabski, 59, was shot to death in his beer garden at 83d St. and Grand Ave., Maspeth, shortly after 12:30 this morning. Two others are dead and three seriously injured as a result of a crime flare up over Sunday.

Four men stalked into Grabski's place and did the shooting. Twelve patrons were in the garden at the time. They were unmolested.

Grabski's murder was the third to take place in city drinking establishments in 24 hours. – The Brooklyn Daily Eagle, Jun 19, 1933

Suspect ls Held In Fatal Holdup

After a six-months search, Maspeth detectives early today arrested Joseph Eagan, 32, of 541 Ocean Ave., Jersey City, on a charge of homicide in connection with the killing last June of Frank Grabski, Maspeth beer garden owner.

According to police, Eagan was one of the five men who on June 18 last, entered the beer garden of the dead man at Grand Ave., Maspeth, and shot him after attempting to hold up the place.

Booked at the Maspeth station, Eagan denied any knowledge of the shooting. He was later taken to the lineup at Manhattan Police Headquarters and will be arraigned in Jamaica Court. – Brooklyn Daily Eagle, November 18, 1933

Arrest Suspect In Cape Killing

Fred Klein, 36, of 146 Freeman St., was in the lineup in Manhattan Police Headquarters this morning charged with homicide in connection with the shooting, June 19 last, of Frank Grabski, proprietor of a beer garden at 8202 Grand Ave., Maspeth, during an attempted holdup.

According to Detectives Williams, Smyth and Hatrick of the Maspeth Precinct, who made the arrest last night, Klein was the man who fired the fatal shot. He was at liberty in $10,000 bail on an assault and robbery charge when arrested. – Brooklyn Daily Eagle, November 21, 1933

3 Freed by Queens Jurors Rearrested

Almost immediately after they had been acquitted by a jury in Queens County Court, the three defendants in the Grabski murder case were re-arrested last night, two on first degree robbery charges and the third as a fugitive from justice.

The men, William Sullivan, 28, of 288 Driggs Ave and Fred Klein 36, of 146 Freeman St. and Joseph Egan, 32, of 541 Ocean Ave., Jersey City, had been on trial before County Judge Kadien for the murder of Frank Grabski, Maspeth beer garden proprietor. After ten days trial, the jury received the case at 12:30 pm yesterday and declared for acquittal after nine hours deliberation. – Brooklyn Daily Eagle, Jan 25, 1934